Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week 5

Hopefully, by now, you are well underway making your collection and are working on or at least have chosen a research project. If you haven't this is "make it or break it week!" So, that what we are going to concentrate on. I'll meet with you sometime this week to check on your progress and help you if your having problems.

We will continue to have one or more power point presentations each day. If your still have a few things to do on your presentation, work quickly and finish it. When you finish, remember to transfer a copy to my drop box and notify me that it's in there so I can look for it. Keep up with the information on your flash cards. Plan on a short quiz on the first 6 orders on which we have already had presentations.

After you complete the first three tasks listed below, you are free to go collecting. Remember to let me know you are going and take at least one person (who has also finished the tasks) with you. We still need to set up more traps. I'm going to assign tasks.

Specific assignments:

Assignment 1: Process any insects you have collected since last Friday and then update your Collection checklist.

Assignment 2: Leave me a comment at the end of this page telling me again what you want to do your research project on. If you need some ideas, just ask.

Assignment 3: Finish power point on your assigned Order of insects, place it in my drop box, then let me know you did so.

Assignment 4: On Wednesday plan to spend the entire period at the pond. We're going to collect aquatic insects. Click here to see an Introduction to Aquatic Insects. Bring a change of shoes to protect your feet from sharp, dry blades of grass and ants and don't mind getting a little muddy.

1 comment:

Autumn Powers said...

Autumn Powers- I chose to do my research paper on dragonflies (odonata).